Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my newly created folder for my photos get indented under the albums instead of the folders?

Why does my newly created folder for my photos get indented under the albums instead of the folders?

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 3:45 PM

Then you've created the folder inside the folder it is indented beneath. You've created a subfolder. To create a folder at the top level you need to click the + sign with the "Albums" line selected, not with another album selected. If you click the + next to an album, then you will create a sub album of the selected album.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2021 3:45 PM in response to melba1942

Then you've created the folder inside the folder it is indented beneath. You've created a subfolder. To create a folder at the top level you need to click the + sign with the "Albums" line selected, not with another album selected. If you click the + next to an album, then you will create a sub album of the selected album.

Apr 22, 2021 2:51 PM in response to TonyCollinet

I understand what your answer is saying, but, I am saying that the folder I created doesn't line up with the folder above it. Therefore, when I close the folder above that has lots of picture albums in it, my newly created folder doesn't show anymore because it is in the same indentation as the albums instead of the folders . Why doesn't the newly created folder line up, in the albums section, with all the other folders that are listed there? It is like there is a glitch in the program or something. I have created many folders before with lots of albums in each folder, but this time, the folder is sitting under the albums listed above it instead of under the folders above it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.