Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I re-organize my folders in Photos? My new folder with new work is so far down on the bottom it is impossible to drag an image into the new folder.

How do I re-organize my folders in Photos? My new folder is so far down on the side bar, I cannot drag the images into it.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 8:57 AM

You can drag the folders in the sidebar up or down, as you like.

And it helps to group your folders by putting related albums and folders into subfolders. This way you can shorten the sidebar by closing folders with subfolders you do not need currently. For example, I am having a folder for the albums of each year, and these folders are enclosed in folders for groups of ten years "1980-1989", "1990-1999", etc. This makes it easy to get large groups of folders out of the way with one click.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2021 8:57 AM in response to jagpag

You can drag the folders in the sidebar up or down, as you like.

And it helps to group your folders by putting related albums and folders into subfolders. This way you can shorten the sidebar by closing folders with subfolders you do not need currently. For example, I am having a folder for the albums of each year, and these folders are enclosed in folders for groups of ten years "1980-1989", "1990-1999", etc. This makes it easy to get large groups of folders out of the way with one click.

How do I re-organize my folders in Photos? My new folder with new work is so far down on the bottom it is impossible to drag an image into the new folder.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.