Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email signature image size/appearance problem

I am trying to include a company logo in my email signature. It is 4kb image, 144x129 pixels, 72 DPI. I am copying the image from co-workers signatures. They are on Outlook primarily and aren't have this trouble -- the image shows perfectly in their email. When I try to include it in mine, it turns gigantic. Properly displayed, the image should be roughly .5 cm; in mine, it is 3+ cm. It looks fine as the email is being drafted, but on receipt (and even in my sent folder) it turns large. I can send the same email in Mac Outlook and it looks fine.

I've even tried editing the HTML in the Library..Signatures folder. I either get the same problem (large image) or just an image placeholder comes up -- a blank square.

I am on a MacBook Pro running Big Sur 11.2.3.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 1:22 PM

Mail doesn’t have an html editor, so you would have to tweak the html code to get it to display as you want.

Mail also doesn’t send as HTML, so it could be something related to the main body setting rich text and the recipient’s email client failing to note the HTML block. Did you set the img block to display at 0.5 cm?

There is no way to force an email client to display anything the way you want it seen.

If your recipients are using Outlook, it is very much not Internet standards compliant, so it is extra difficult to make it display as you intend.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2021 1:22 PM in response to Dlaugh456

Mail doesn’t have an html editor, so you would have to tweak the html code to get it to display as you want.

Mail also doesn’t send as HTML, so it could be something related to the main body setting rich text and the recipient’s email client failing to note the HTML block. Did you set the img block to display at 0.5 cm?

There is no way to force an email client to display anything the way you want it seen.

If your recipients are using Outlook, it is very much not Internet standards compliant, so it is extra difficult to make it display as you intend.

Email signature image size/appearance problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.