Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can the newest iMac be used as a secondary monitor for my 2018 MacBook Pro? If so, what adapter do I need?

Can the newest 2021 24" iMac be used as a secondary monitor for my 2018 MacBook Pro? If so, what adapter do I need?

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 10:12 AM

If you are referring to something like using the new iMac in Target Display Mode, then AFAIK, Apple has not designed any of their iMacs to support this feature since the Late 2014 models. I would suspect that the recently announced M1 models to either.

Ref: Use your iMac as a display with Target Display Mode - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2021 10:12 AM in response to qq1fs

If you are referring to something like using the new iMac in Target Display Mode, then AFAIK, Apple has not designed any of their iMacs to support this feature since the Late 2014 models. I would suspect that the recently announced M1 models to either.

Ref: Use your iMac as a display with Target Display Mode - Apple Support

Can the newest iMac be used as a secondary monitor for my 2018 MacBook Pro? If so, what adapter do I need?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.