You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fake DHL text message with a website link

I have received the fake DHL text, which had a link, which I have mistakenly clicked on, before realising it was fishing and deleting that text. The link opened a page in the browser that showed an error message. Nothing else happened. But now I am really worried whether my iPhone 11 got infected with some malware or something similar. On the NCSC website it says that this malware works only on androids, but... "Users of Apple devices are not currently at risk, although the scam text messages may still redirect them to a scam website which may to steal your personal information."

Is it possible that information was stolen from my phone by simply being redirected to a webpage (the page didn't seem to work)?

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 2:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 2:54 PM

You have nothing to worry about. iOS cannot be infected with Mallware unless your iPhone is jailbroken.

Delete your internet history and avoid visiting that website again.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 23, 2021 2:54 PM in response to bela_g

You have nothing to worry about. iOS cannot be infected with Mallware unless your iPhone is jailbroken.

Delete your internet history and avoid visiting that website again.

Fake DHL text message with a website link

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.