Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing problem

I have a New M1 Mac Book Pro, 16 GB ram with 1TB storage. I am using a Brother Wireless Airprint Printerthat does it's job fine... I am having a problem printing from Safari, and also from Pages. Both will generate the print dialog box and appear as if the print has gone through, all the way up to sending the print (document) to the printer. If I turn off the computer and/or restart the computer, when it comes back online and connefts to the Wifi, my document prints. I am connected with a 5G wifi signal instead of the half speed. Until I got this computer, my older 2015 MBP was working flawlessly, and until this week, this new computer was working perfectly. Has something changed in an update I missed? or have I got some sort of issue with a setting? Anyone having similar issues? Help? Hopefully there's some direction available.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 5:52 AM

See any of these these steps helps. Please click open all links.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/solve-printing-problems-on-mac-mh14002/mac

Other steps to try:

1. Restart Router/Modem

2. Startup in Safe Mode:    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

To exit Safe Mode, click  in the menu bar and choose “Restart”.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2021 5:52 AM in response to scottrods

See any of these these steps helps. Please click open all links.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/solve-printing-problems-on-mac-mh14002/mac

Other steps to try:

1. Restart Router/Modem

2. Startup in Safe Mode:    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

To exit Safe Mode, click  in the menu bar and choose “Restart”.

May 9, 2021 5:08 PM in response to dominic23

Tried these things and nothing seems to matter. It randomly still will not print without restarting the computer. Nice computer if it worked like my old MacBook pro did... this one should be superior due to hardware alone... but evidently the new computer isn;t capable of stability. Shameful really. Did the whole transfer of info from the old to the new and it worked great for a while then started this silly issue.. a month or twp into ownership... had it done it form the start I would have returned it and got my money back for sure...

May 10, 2021 6:20 AM in response to scottrods

HI,

I hear your frustration. One suggestion I have is to check with Brother and make sure that the Brother printer drivers support Big Sur AND Apple silicon. There are many vendors that are not fully tested and supporting the new Hardware/OSX. Print drivers can drive a person crazy. When I have issues over wifi or airprint I usually do a test with a direct USB connection. This helps to isolate where the issue may lie.

I hoe this helps.

Don

May 10, 2021 12:47 PM in response to Don Mactavish

although the input didn't cure my situation (at least yet), I should have already offered up that I have tried a direct connectino as well. It works fine. So for now I have a work around, and the problem points directly at the Air Print process. I can print 3 different ways to air print, for any one document from my computer. If it comes from Safari (bank transaction or such) it might work one of those ways... might not work any one of them. Very randomly this condition crops up, but it's constantly badgering me at the wrong time. Usually when I'm trying to print something as I am leaving to go to work or other time managed situation. I've done an update on the Printer, but haven;t researched it directly yet. So thanks for the input. I realize there will be issues any time there is a difference in tech. I just had higher hopes from the new Mac MI chips... I had no issue with some apps not working without rosetta... (I could care on most of them, including Google Chrome browser). As I only lost control of one other app... looking for a replacement that does the same shouldn't be an issue, as it's a file manager. Finder is found wanting in many ways... tedious to say the least. I've only been a Mac user for about 6 years or so, and have found many items that are great and a few that suck... just like PC. but I'm paying a premium for hardware now, and if things continue along the simple becoming problematic (as I loved that Mac "Just Works" when I started using it), I will likely start scouring stores for Some new Windows machines... I don't plan on changing, but if the higher prices are not going to give me higher benefts, then I may. Even iPhones have become annoying as ****, with the new Apple music crap they've introduced lately... I can't even load my own music on the **** phone and use it as an iPod anymore... and their curated music is all jacked up and never what I grew up listeniing to and have the CD's that I ripped on MP3 already... don't need a new version everytime a greatest hits or remaster comes out... I like my Old 70's thru 90's tunes the way I originally had them. I miss Steve Jobs... he didn't value money over convenience and sell everyone on things that weren't worth a ****.

Printing problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.