Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook connected to printer, printer connected to WiFi with no issues, print jobs go to queue and get completed, but printer does not print

I go to print a document. It goes to the queue.

Then it it goes through the motions of waiting for the job to complete.

The job completes.

However, nothing gets printed.

Things I’ve tried:

Deleting and re-adding the printer

Resetting the printing system

Turning the printer off and back on

Turning my computer off and back on

Resetting my network

Printing a network test from the printer itself (all good)

Updating my OS

Checking for software updates on my HP printer, even though I’m using AirPrint

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 7:15 PM

Have you tried printing a test page after setting up the printer to confirm the setup was working?

How about printing something from some simple test using TextEdit instead as it could be document related. I've had issues in the past with HP printers printing PDFs. Try using another app to print the PDF or whatever document you are trying to print. Every app processes the documents differently.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2019 7:15 PM in response to janelle282

Have you tried printing a test page after setting up the printer to confirm the setup was working?

How about printing something from some simple test using TextEdit instead as it could be document related. I've had issues in the past with HP printers printing PDFs. Try using another app to print the PDF or whatever document you are trying to print. Every app processes the documents differently.

MacBook connected to printer, printer connected to WiFi with no issues, print jobs go to queue and get completed, but printer does not print

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.