Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing is failing

I have a MacBook Pro 2018 and cannot print. I've printed before from this machine on the printer I'm trying to use a Cannon MX420 series. It's on the same network and when printing it runs through the same routine.

1. looking for printer
  2. copying print data
  3. connecting to printer

Then it hangs trying to connect.

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2019 5:24 PM

The PIXMA MX Printer Series is Incompatible with macOS X Mojave (10.14)

Go Here: Mac OS X Compatibility

See the Image Below. Being incompatible, either downgrade to macOS 10.12 (Sierra), or switch to a printer that is compatible.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 21, 2019 1:10 AM in response to h2ooriginal

Try manually configuring the printer to see if a CUPS or Gutenprint driver exists for this series of printer on Mojave. Sometimes the exact model won't be available in the CUPS/Gutenprint driver list, but one from the same series will likely provide basic functionality for you. I don't use Mojave so I'm not sure what options may be available here. If it is a network printer, then you won't be able to connect with Airprint, so try using Bonjour or entering the IP address of the printer when configuring it in macOS. If the Printer settings in System Preferences won't allow you to configure the printer this way, then you can try using the CUPS interface using the browser by entering this URL in a web browser:

localhost:631/

It is possible Mojave made some change which makes even the CUPS/Gutenprint drivers unusable.

Printing is failing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.