Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New printing problem

I have developed a curious issue with my late 2013 MacPro running Movaje 10.14.6.

When I print a document to any of my wired network printers from any application (HP LaserJet 2430, HP OfficeJet 8600 - both of which have always worked fine for years), the document gets sent to the print queue and then appears to process, and finally leaves the print queue. Problem is, nothing gets printed, and the printer shows no signs of receiving the print job.

Now, when I try to print to these printers from my MacBook Pro (also running 10.14.6), the jobs print normally.

I can ping my printers from the MacPro and I can access the web interface for the printers, and print things like settings pages, etc., and see the printer status fine. The printers and computers are all on the same subnet and nothing with my network has changed. All IPs are the same.

I tried re-adding the printers, but the problem persists, as it does after restarting.

I never saw this kind of issue before, and can't envision what the problem might be. Any ideas?

Mac Pro

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 11:16 AM

Update: HP Printer Software 5.1 should now be becoming available through Software Update to fix this issue.

(2220 UTC 23 October 2020)

Open >System Preferences>Software Update ( Command R will reload and do a fresh check)

Similar questions

6 replies

Oct 24, 2020 6:50 AM in response to powerbook1701

Thanks for this link. While I am not getting errors from the OS about malware, it does seem to relate to Apple revoking the security certificates for a number of HP printers. I switched to a generic PostScript driver, and that seems to have worked until a fix is issued, at least on my HP 2430tn. I still can't get my HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 to work. And again, oddly, this problem seems to be confined to my MacPro and not my Macbook Pro, which run the same OS (and have the same updates). Strange indeed...

Oct 24, 2020 6:52 AM in response to LSStream

Do not feel alone here, there is currently a HP issue...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/HP-Utility-fails-with-Code-Signature-Invalid-MacOS-10-15-7/td-p/7823883/highlight/true

HP's security certificate has expired. Search HP for a resolve here.

Your Mac has encountered an expired security certificates.

Oct 24, 2020 7:06 PM in response to LSStream

There's a lot of that going around.

Hi Because I have another computer that isn't using Mojave or Catalina I was able to print to my Hp laser printer CP2025nt from the other computer as the HP is a networked printer. When the old 2008 Mac Pro is up and running the sharing on the 2008, preferences puts that printer on the network and it shows up in the "printers & scanners" in system preferences of my Mojave computer. And now I can again print. So I guess it's good to have more than one computer (old or not) And more than one operating system(old or not).

Apologies for the long winded expiation.

New printing problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.