Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there anyway to insert a new page on the iPhone Home Screen?

I had a page that had a single widget on it and I wanted to replace it. I deleted the old widget before adding the new one. I guess I didn’t realized the Page I was working on would be automatically deleted. Apparently, after this automatic deletion happens, the only way to fix it is to delete every page following it and spend many hours reconstructing all those pages you just removed. Is there any other solution to this. Like, can you just add a new page in between two existing pages. It is very easy to delete a page in between two pages simply remove all the widgets and apps. It would seem to add a new page in between two pages you simply have to remove all the pages after it. Or slowly move all the apps to the right, leaving only one app behind before you add something from the left page to the right to avoid the same thing happening again.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 5:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 6:07 PM

When you insert a widget on a page if there isn’t enough room it pushes stuff on that page to the next page. So you can effectively create a page by adding widgets to fill the current page, which will push everything on that page to the next page, essentially creating a page in the middle of other pages. If you delete a widget from a page it doesn’t delete the page, it moves stuff from the next page to the current page.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2021 6:07 PM in response to markfromlandolakes

When you insert a widget on a page if there isn’t enough room it pushes stuff on that page to the next page. So you can effectively create a page by adding widgets to fill the current page, which will push everything on that page to the next page, essentially creating a page in the middle of other pages. If you delete a widget from a page it doesn’t delete the page, it moves stuff from the next page to the current page.

Is there anyway to insert a new page on the iPhone Home Screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.