Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sounds

Why is the Lock Screen, typing sound and shutter sound on the iPhone 11 so quiet. All settings are as they should be?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 1:46 AM

3 replies

Apr 25, 2021 5:44 AM in response to mitimac

Hi mitimac,

It sounds like you're asking how to increase the volume of your Lock Screen and haptics. We're glad you've joined us in Apple Support Communities. Let's see if this helps.

• In Settings > Sounds & Haptics, is "Change with Buttons" enabled? You'll want to enable this so that the lock sound, ringer, and other alerts mirror the volume you've set for your iPhone using the volume buttons on the side.
  • In Settings > Sounds & Haptics, if "Change with Buttons" isn't enabled, test the Ringer and Alerts volume slider to determine the volume you'd like to hear. This affects the lock sound and other alerts on your device.

For reference: Adjust the volume on iPhone

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

May 1, 2021 2:27 AM in response to Alex_Han

Hi Alex_Han

Thanks for the reply. I have tried tried your suggestion (apple user guide)? Plus many other suggestions from forums and private alike. Nothing has solved the problem. The phone works well in all other user features. I have also reset clean/new user.

I have been using Apple hardware eg. desktop MacBooks phones iPad etc. since 1998. I have through the years mostly solved any problems my self. Some of which despite having the occasional help with did not resolve the issue anyway, and through my own perseverance I finally had success.

I am ok with the phone as is but really curious? However, one of the (alerts) I like to use, is the camera shutter sound which obviously is tied up with the original issue.

I will endeavour to explain how I’ve found I can gradually increase the alert volume. With the phone set to unlock via Face ID . If I press the side button to unlock and perform this operation 10 times the alert volume reaches its preset level. If I unlock the phone without face unlock and use the unlock code. I find that the lock sound is unpredictable. If I adhere to your or apples input and set the volume level to max. It still misbehaves. Also the shutter sound doesn’t work at anytime no matter the settings.

It does sound like a software issue? To date I have not seen anyone else with the exact same issue.

Any other suggestions from anyone would much appreciated.

It might sound trivial to some but I don’t like being beaten!!

Regards to all on support forum.

Sounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.