Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ASUS mg28u monitor not full screen

Hello,

I have my 2018 Mac mini attached to an ASUS MG28U monitor. The image is not filling the whole scene. It use to, but it has stopped. When I restart the computer, the page where you put in your password the image fills the full screen, but when it hits the desk top view, huge black bars appear. I have tried scaling it in the system preferences, but nothing seems to help. There is no over/underscan available. Thank you for your time

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 10:32 AM

Hmm... that is not good.

What cable connection are you using?

Go to > Apple > System Preferences > Display > Display tab > hold the Alt (option) key > click on the Scaled button and see if a more suitable resolution is offered.

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 24, 2021 12:17 PM in response to den.thed

Thank you so much for taking the time to help. I am using an HDMI cord. Could that be the problem. I tried holding down the option key trick, and it defiantly changes the resolution, but not the bars on the screen. I should add that if I restart the computer I get the full screen filled, but once it goes to sleep, and I wake it back up... bars again. Very frustrating.

ASUS mg28u monitor not full screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.