Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Haptic feedback on trackpad disappearing time to time in MacBook Pro 2019

Haptic feedback that gives the clicking sensation in the trackpad of my 13' MacBook Pro 2019 stopped suddenly.

I cannot relate any specific action I did to cause that problem. Only thing is I was working with multiple applications such as Word, Excel, Xcode, Safari continuously for a longer time without shutting down the Mac.

I tried resetting SMC as defined from https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201295

Also tried reseting NVRAM/PRAM as defined from https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204063

But I am quite not sure I completed these above two steps correctly, whether it worked or not. Is there anything or a log I could refer that this resets worked as expected? So that I could try again if I have not followed the steps.

Anyways my problem is not yet solved. The haptic click appears seldom now. the refquency of appearance has gone down.

What else I could do to resolve this?

It is really annoying to work with the dead feeling of the trackpad.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 9:43 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Apr 25, 2021 9:04 AM in response to pasindug

Hi pasindug,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We understand that haptic feedback isn't working as expected with your MacBook Pro, so we'd like to help. There isn't a log that can be access to see if the SMC and NVRAM/PRAM resets were completed successfully. If you're continuing to notice the issue after the resets, go to the Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Trackpad and toggle the setting for Force Click and haptic feedback: Change Trackpad preferences on Mac.

If the issue persists Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac.

Reply to this message if you need more help.

Take care.

Apr 25, 2021 9:57 AM in response to pasindug

pasindug,

Thanks for the reply. If you haven't done so already, use Apple Diagnostics to check your hardware. After you run the test use this article to find out what the codes mean: Apple Diagnostics reference codes. If there are no hardware issues found, create another administrator account to help determine if the issue is isolated to one account on your Mac: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac.

Reply with your findings.

Cheers!

May 5, 2021 1:23 PM in response to pasindug

pasindug,

Understood. To further isolate this behavior, use the steps in this article to reinstall macOS: How to reinstall macOS. This step shouldn't remove any data, but it's a good idea to Back up your Mac to be safe. If reinstalling macOS doesn't resolve the issue, the next step would be to get your Mac inspected. This link will help with finding stores near you: Find Locations. You can also reach out to Apple Support here: Get Support.

All the best!

May 5, 2021 9:03 AM in response to Sharon_419

Thanks for the steps

But neither fixed my problem.

I did the diagnostic and got the result "No Issues found" ADP000

And tries making an another admin user account but it didn't work isolated.

Simply the click cannot be felt even from the startup.

Now it really appears and most of the time can't feel the click.

So frustrated here :/

May 8, 2021 8:15 PM in response to chris_g1

Thanks for the tips @chris_g1

Unfortunately reinstalling did not fix my problem as well :(

even at the menu's I get in reinstalling, the click was not there.

So It is same as before.

I think the only solution available is to get this inspected at a support centre right?

Let's see. I might have to wait till some time due to the pandemic :/

Anyway Thanks everyone who tried their best here to help. :)

Haptic feedback on trackpad disappearing time to time in MacBook Pro 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.