Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech Mx Master 3 lags solution (USB Dongle)

It's common nowadays for wireless mice to be packaged with a nano-receiver, a tiny receiver the size of a small fingernail, that plugs into a USB port.

On two systems, I've experienced erratic cursor behavior as I move the mouse. The cursor jumps or sometimes doesn't react at all. 

The problem is due to the receiver being too close to the USB port. It picks up electronic noise generated by the computer's parts, interfering with the signals passing from the mouse. In addition, I found the problem specific to Logitech's Unifying receiver, which handles up to six devices. I suspect that there is just too much tiny electronics crammed into the tiny chunk of plastic and metal.

The solution is to install an extender, a male-female USB cord. It moves the receiver away from the computer. Even a couple of inches helps, but in severe cases, you may need to use a longer cord.

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 11:18 AM

It does work with a usb cord. But that defeats the purpose of having a wireless mouse. Using up a USB port with the receiver is equally annoying, considering the M1 has zero USB ports. Mac devices charge via USB so having added port doggles already hanging off the side is bad enough. The Logic Tech mouse worked fine on my older Intel MacBook. I wish Logitech could address this issue, as it seems they are not up to date with newer OS.

I also wish I hadn’t bought this mouse 3 weeks before I bought the M1 only to discover it’s no better than my older wired mouse.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2021 11:18 AM in response to BramBeekman

It does work with a usb cord. But that defeats the purpose of having a wireless mouse. Using up a USB port with the receiver is equally annoying, considering the M1 has zero USB ports. Mac devices charge via USB so having added port doggles already hanging off the side is bad enough. The Logic Tech mouse worked fine on my older Intel MacBook. I wish Logitech could address this issue, as it seems they are not up to date with newer OS.

I also wish I hadn’t bought this mouse 3 weeks before I bought the M1 only to discover it’s no better than my older wired mouse.

Apr 24, 2021 9:23 AM in response to BramBeekman

My experience is that the usb receiver works better when BT isn’t functional for this device. Bluetooth works great when it’s working. It most likely is a software issue because the driver and Logi app are not M1 code and is being translated from Intel. The issue became pervasive following our upgrades to new hardware, which utilizes different chipsets.

Logitech Mx Master 3 lags solution (USB Dongle)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.