Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switch off battery warning message

Hi, just replaced my battery & screen on my iphone XS and i was aware that there will be an error message and true tone will be lost, but I’m litteratly ****** about the fact that the error message is constantly on the screen and it does make me wonder if i really should keep this phone? How much will

it cost me if i bring that in an apple store to get rid of this message!

iphones used to be really good phones but it seems they really try to avoid people repairing the phones,... Apple want’s 350£ for a screenreplacement and 60£ for a new battery so for that money i could buy a brand new phone (not apple clearly) I’d really appreciate an answer with an estimate how much it would cost to get rid of the message, no smart comments about how i should have done it! Thanks

iPhone XS

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 1:26 PM

6 replies

May 29, 2021 8:37 AM in response to lobsterghost1

your comment made me smile a bit,…

Apple, Samsung and many other companies are trying to avoid third parties and individuals repairing their devices because of two simple reasons:

1. they do not want devices to be repaired but they want to sell a new product instead.
  2. if a product should be repaired they want to do it themselves!

so in the end both topics are because of the same simple reason: PROFIT

therefore it is nice to claim legal issues with opening it and so on but in the end as soon as you open your phone, the responsibility of apple ends, unless there is a fault before or on a product the same type they can‘t be made responsible (not in Europe).

you are right that samsung is exactly the same, microsoft exactly the same in the end this is against all enviroment protection to make devices unrepairable, but hey ho, who cares right?

again all the answers from here on are basic discussions about why apple won‘t help me, but they do not contribute at all to my solution since the problem is long fixed! Therefore thank you for your answer but i rather have this thread closed since nothing helpfull seems to come from this point on!

May 28, 2021 4:29 PM in response to LD150

Thank you for your answer,

it is one of the answers i clearly said i am not interested in but i did expect it tbf,….

i allready fixed it anyway, thanks, without apple ;)

and it is fine if they don‘t want to service my device again but as apple is interested in making money they will clearly service it if i pay for it this is how a „for profit“ company works i‘d say.

anyway thanks for your answer.

May 29, 2021 7:55 AM in response to GernotPr

GernotPr wrote:

As i said, i fixed it without apple and as soon as my phone breaks i will drop apple because of exactly this attitude towards customers!

You've completely missed why Apple won't service devices which were improperly opened by individuals or third party. Apple guarantees their service on devices. When someone else has opened a device, they can do much hard and even put the user at risk of things like batteries exploding. Just who would YOU hold responsible for that? Apple of course. You chose to put yourself in this situation. Not Apple

I'm pretty sure Samsung has much the same policies in response to DIY repairs. But as users on this user to user only forum, it doesn't matter to us if you move on to another manufacturer.

Switch off battery warning message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.