Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sync Photos albums on my iMac with my iPhone 12 mini without iCloud?

Call me old school, but I prefer to use the finder window on my iMac to directly sync all my albums to my devices via cable. I used to do that with my MacBook on iPhotos. Come to think of it, I've never been able to do this with my iMac. Apparently Catalina & on don't support this function.

When I go into the finder window for my iPhone 12 mini, in the pictures tab, under the sync albums menu, it doesn't give the option to select any of my albums from Photos, There're only gear icons of iPhone preset albums like "Screenshots" & "Panoramas". When I try to sync all photos for Photos, it doesn't sync anything.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? It's like they want people to pay for iCloud storage for Photos.

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 4:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 5:24 AM

I figured out why it was doing this. First of all, my Photos albums where on an external drive which means I had to make it the system Photos folder. That fixed its and now it's syncing all my albums.

Similar questions

1 reply

How to sync Photos albums on my iMac with my iPhone 12 mini without iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.