Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air keeps turning off if not plugged in

My 2015 MacBook Air I will turn it on without a power plug it into it. Any advice?

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 7:36 PM

The behavior that you described generally means that something is wrong either with the battery charging circuit or with the battery itself. Most often it is the battery.

When you plug your 2015 MacBook Air to electrical power then what does the battery charge level state? Note that, at times, the charge level does not matter because if the battery health is bad then it can discharge very quickly.

My recommendation is to have your MacBook Air examined at the Apple Store or at an Apple Authorized Service Center.

You may also try some of the basic troubleshooting steps listed below-

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2021 7:36 PM in response to Thebossisback

The behavior that you described generally means that something is wrong either with the battery charging circuit or with the battery itself. Most often it is the battery.

When you plug your 2015 MacBook Air to electrical power then what does the battery charge level state? Note that, at times, the charge level does not matter because if the battery health is bad then it can discharge very quickly.

My recommendation is to have your MacBook Air examined at the Apple Store or at an Apple Authorized Service Center.

You may also try some of the basic troubleshooting steps listed below-

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM

Axel F.

MacBook Air keeps turning off if not plugged in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.