Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 2017 fans won't stop

I purchased my MacBook Air (June/July 2017 version) through the refurbished store at Apple online. I did save a little money doing this, but now think I made a big mistake. For the first 6 months or so, the fans didn't run on a constant basis. Suddenly, my fans started kicking in all the time. I have done every SMC set known to the apple world (did diagnostics too) in which always indicates a problem with SMC. Resetting constantly does not help this. I am about to ditch this and purchase a brand new one (prolly go with Pro this time). I have seen people take their unit with the same problem to the Apple store, but do not want to pay a bunch of money for a refurbished unit. How much does this cost? Would I be better just getting a new unit? Anyone else with this experience? My nephew used to help me with issues like this but took his life in 2018 and have had no one help me with my MacBook since then.

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 6:58 AM

Has new Third Party Software been added since the Fan issue and appeared? If do, what exact software >

One can attempt to identify a Run-Away Process by opening the Activity Monitor >> View >> View ALL Processes. Look in the CPU tab for unusual Processes / Application using a lot of CPU and do the same in the Memory Tab.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2021 6:58 AM in response to mermaidlifer

Has new Third Party Software been added since the Fan issue and appeared? If do, what exact software >

One can attempt to identify a Run-Away Process by opening the Activity Monitor >> View >> View ALL Processes. Look in the CPU tab for unusual Processes / Application using a lot of CPU and do the same in the Memory Tab.

MacBook Air 2017 fans won't stop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.