You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I change the color of a shape in Motion using HEX color codes (#123ABC)?

I have created a simple rectangle. I appeared why by default.

In the Inspector, on the Shape tab, I have Fill Color checked, and expanded.

I see the little color block that when clicked on, opens the Colors choosing box.

I can switch between Color Wheel, Sliders, Spectrum, and Crayons. But none of the options on the Color chooser allows me to enter a HEX code for the color.

I also see the RGB sliders that I can use to change the color, but with my workflow, I'd have to convert HEX codes into RGB codes all the time.

Is it not possible to change the color of a simple shape using Hexadecimal color codes?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 5:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 5:23 PM

If you left click a color swatch, you will open the "System picker". From there, navigate to the RGB Colors tab (click the sliders tab then choose RGB Sliders from the drop down menu). Below the Red Green and Blue sliders, you will find a text box where you can enter your Hex code. When you finish entering your code, type Enter/Return.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 26, 2021 5:23 PM in response to Dolmetscher

If you left click a color swatch, you will open the "System picker". From there, navigate to the RGB Colors tab (click the sliders tab then choose RGB Sliders from the drop down menu). Below the Red Green and Blue sliders, you will find a text box where you can enter your Hex code. When you finish entering your code, type Enter/Return.

Where can I change the color of a shape in Motion using HEX color codes (#123ABC)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.