Question:

Question: Problem repeatedly occurred" error in Safari 14.1

Updated software. Safari 14.1 now throwing fits.

Can't use eBay, etc. - Constantly reloads until error message "a problem repeatedly occurred"

Been deleting/disabling things but can't find solution. HELP

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 8:32 PM

Question marked as Apple recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Backup first.

Reinstall macOS.

Use macOS Recovery to reinstall the Mac operating system.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

I have no problem opening eBay after todays update.

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 3:27 AM

Question marked as Helpful

Apr 27, 2021 5:08 PM in response to Kneebeau In response to Kneebeau

I have the same exact issue. I did the update that was available for Catalina and my Safari was updated to 14.1 as part of that.

It is now unusable. We should not have to reinstall the operating system. This was an apple update. My computer was running perfectly before update. I am seeing many people with the same issue. Hopefully there will be a fix.

Apr 27, 2021 5:08 PM

Apr 28, 2021 6:51 PM in response to dominic23 In response to dominic23

I've just installed Safari 14.1 on a MBP running Mojave after the OS suggested the update along with a Security update and have the same problem, Ebay and several other sites constantly failing to load pages and throwing out requests to reload. Your suggestion is to re-install the OS because Apple broke the browser? What is that based on ? It would seem better to just use Chrome or Firefox until Apple figures out what they broke.

Apr 28, 2021 6:51 PM

Apr 29, 2021 3:47 AM in response to Kneebeau In response to Kneebeau

This seems to be similar to issues others are having after the Safari 14.1 update 4/27/2021 that was part of the Catalina 10.15.7 update and it relates to JavaScript.  

Test the following:

Turn off “Enable Javascript” in Safari: Preferences: Security 

See if this resolves the the issue loading pages  

This is not a solution since pages are only partially complete and lacks any Javascript functionality.  

I am still searching for a fix.

Bottom Line: At this point this is most likely an Apple bug/issue related to 14.1 and they need to offer a fix other than an OSX reinstall and that reminds me of the #1 Microsoft Windows issue solution!

Apr 29, 2021 3:47 AM

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Apr 27, 2021 5:08 PM in response to Kneebeau In response to Kneebeau

I have the same exact issue. I did the update that was available for Catalina and my Safari was updated to 14.1 as part of that.

It is now unusable. We should not have to reinstall the operating system. This was an apple update. My computer was running perfectly before update. I am seeing many people with the same issue. Hopefully there will be a fix.

Apr 27, 2021 5:08 PM

Reply Helpful (7)

Apr 28, 2021 6:51 PM in response to dominic23 In response to dominic23

I've just installed Safari 14.1 on a MBP running Mojave after the OS suggested the update along with a Security update and have the same problem, Ebay and several other sites constantly failing to load pages and throwing out requests to reload. Your suggestion is to re-install the OS because Apple broke the browser? What is that based on ? It would seem better to just use Chrome or Firefox until Apple figures out what they broke.

Apr 28, 2021 6:51 PM

Reply Helpful (6)

Apr 29, 2021 3:47 AM in response to Kneebeau In response to Kneebeau

This seems to be similar to issues others are having after the Safari 14.1 update 4/27/2021 that was part of the Catalina 10.15.7 update and it relates to JavaScript.  

Test the following:

Turn off “Enable Javascript” in Safari: Preferences: Security 

See if this resolves the the issue loading pages  

This is not a solution since pages are only partially complete and lacks any Javascript functionality.  

I am still searching for a fix.

Bottom Line: At this point this is most likely an Apple bug/issue related to 14.1 and they need to offer a fix other than an OSX reinstall and that reminds me of the #1 Microsoft Windows issue solution!

Apr 29, 2021 3:47 AM

Reply Helpful (5)

Apr 29, 2021 8:39 AM in response to redvivi In response to redvivi

Confirming that disabling Java does allow pages that were in a constant reload cycle using Safari 14.1 on Mojave will now load and stay loaded but of course as you say without Java all sorts of essential functionality is lost.

LOL, like the post button on this post. I had to re-enable Java to post this reply.

Apr 29, 2021 8:39 AM

Reply Helpful

Apr 29, 2021 12:58 PM in response to dominic23 In response to dominic23

Dominic23

I have been using Apple for years and never had this type of issue. I know very little about computers and Apple needs to make the fix in their software.....especially for seniors who have no idea what you are talking about.

Apr 29, 2021 12:58 PM

Reply Helpful (3)

Apr 29, 2021 1:40 PM in response to NY Novice In response to NY Novice

The plot thickens. Got this dialog box when trying to delete the very email notification of the previous post in this thread. I've never seen a dialog like this from Apple Mail. This sounds like a file system issue.

Looks like Apple has seriously dropped the ball here.

Apr 29, 2021 1:40 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 30, 2021 8:37 AM in response to Kneebeau In response to Kneebeau

Since my last post was deleted as a rant or complaint that was not constructive, I've made another attempt below.

This issue has prevented me from using safari to: register a child for school, pay bills and even research this problem. Please advise of a fix that is not reinstalling the OS. That is a time consuming step that should not be needed to address something Apple broke with an update.

Apr 30, 2021 8:37 AM

Reply Helpful (3)
User profile for user: Kneebeau

Question: Problem repeatedly occurred" error in Safari 14.1