Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Payment Issue on app store

I had been trying to purchase an app from app store but whenever i try to purchase it tells to update your payment method. I have called my bank and upgraded the card to International payment but then also it is of no use. Please help me

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 8:20 AM

What is the exact error message?

Does the address on the card's bill exactly match the one you are using in the entry area for adding a card? Apple does not say this anywhere I have seen but many contributors on this forum (nobody actually works for Apple, we're just users helping users) here say that in order to enter a card for payment in country it must originate from the same country. I suspect that you can use payment from another country but the it has to be billed to you in the country whose store you are using.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2021 8:20 AM in response to Swastik3

What is the exact error message?

Does the address on the card's bill exactly match the one you are using in the entry area for adding a card? Apple does not say this anywhere I have seen but many contributors on this forum (nobody actually works for Apple, we're just users helping users) here say that in order to enter a card for payment in country it must originate from the same country. I suspect that you can use payment from another country but the it has to be billed to you in the country whose store you are using.

May 14, 2021 2:58 PM in response to aran777

Now that I have more information, it seems the main problem is you do not have your devices set to the country where you are actually living.

Read how to "Change your Apple ID country or region" click here --> hhttps://support.apple.com/HT201389

This is intentionally a user to to user forum. Apple does not use this as a support service except to assist in answering question which users have not attempted to solve.

May 15, 2021 12:53 AM in response to Limnos

Dear Community member, thank you, i have managed to purchase an item on the App store.

As you indicated, the billing information needed to be changed such that bancardcard detail and region/ address where it was originally issued, need to match, regardless of where one is located or purchasing.

Another community member, Linmos kindly gave me the menu directions

I seem to recall at a Switch Apple dealer we needed to change the region on our i-phone to acquire a free App in Malaysia, however i’m unsure if related, besides which the id update and support info is sorted accross all devices.

I feel heartened and am thoroughly enjoying my Mac experience.

Much appreciated.

Arron

Payment Issue on app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.