Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch 6 Tattoo

How can it be you cannot use the watch when you have tattoos?

If i turn off wristdetection the exercise works fine otherwise it stops att 11 seconds. So can it be so that i turn off the detection when i exercise and put it back on when i use the watch. All the readings works fine or i think. It is just the fitness thing that is not working. Is it ok to turn off and on, i see this is a problem dating back with apple watch 3. Why does not the stores tell you oh btw you cant use the watch with tattoos. I think this is an issue?

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 11:05 AM

Quote from Apple web page;

Apple says;

Permanent or temporary changes to your skin, such as some tattoos, can also impact heart rate sensor performance. The ink, pattern and saturation of some tattoos can block light from the sensor, making it difficult to get reliable readings.

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2021 11:05 AM in response to nicklas99

Quote from Apple web page;

Apple says;

Permanent or temporary changes to your skin, such as some tattoos, can also impact heart rate sensor performance. The ink, pattern and saturation of some tattoos can block light from the sensor, making it difficult to get reliable readings.

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch – Apple Support

Apple watch 6 Tattoo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.