Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone number compromised ?

I continue to get text messages to “Hello Kwabena,” with some spam or message to reply Yes to Deal or No Unsubscribe.

I am Not anyone with the name Kwabena.

I don’t choose either, I don use Yes or Stop.

the phone number at top is always different, so blocking doesn’t stop more texts to “Kwabena.”

My cell phone number must have been compromised.

Have had the Verizon iPhone # for well over 10 years, no problems.

Is there a solve I would not not to change my phone number and notify hundreds of contacts.

Thak you in advance for your replies.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 2:10 PM

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch --> https://support.apple.com/HT201229

If it is spam then welcome to the 21st century. You could go extreme and only accept calls from known numbers. If it is telemarketers you could add your number to the USA national Do Not Call registry, not that that has kept them from calling me. You just get the kind that ignore the registry instead of a few good-meaning ones too.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2021 2:10 PM in response to Howie G

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch --> https://support.apple.com/HT201229

If it is spam then welcome to the 21st century. You could go extreme and only accept calls from known numbers. If it is telemarketers you could add your number to the USA national Do Not Call registry, not that that has kept them from calling me. You just get the kind that ignore the registry instead of a few good-meaning ones too.

Apr 27, 2021 7:10 PM in response to Howie G

Well, I have bad news for you then.

Technically, all telephone numbers are compromised. All telephone numbers are known. Every single one.

And all telephone numbers were the basis for one of the recent Facebook hacks. Yes, all numbers were used ro hack info out of Facebook.

The spammers have automated all of this, too. Computers to dial, computers ro listen for answers. Computers to generate text messages. We’re getting harassed by software apps.

As for spam calls and spam texts and the rest, contact your legislative representatives and grumble about the mess, for whichever country or region you’re in.

And do enable muting of unrecognized callers as was suggested above.

Oh, it’s rare for a spammer to use the same calling address as thoe calling numbers are easily spoofed, so blocking specific calling numbers tends not to work well. Or at all.

Welcome to the era of spam everywhere.

Apr 27, 2021 8:02 PM in response to MrHoffman

If they really wanted to do something about spam calls and spam email they would impose a charge for every phone call made and every email sent. Wouldn't have to be much because I bet the spammers contact huge numbers of users and even a couple of cents times one million is a fair chunk of change but wouldn't be much to individuals. I remember when I was growing up there was a 5c charge for even local calls.

Apr 27, 2021 9:14 PM in response to MrHoffman

MrHoffman:

Thank you, that particular text message has been the most persistent ever.

My monitoring program for all different personal information was the phone compromised alert.

I’m accustomed to receiving texts spam & calls.

I have older iPhone so unfortunately unable to update the iPhone to the latest updates for alleged better privacy choices in settings.

I guess just keep adding to blocking and reporting.

unfortunately cellular companies offer little to no help, even with their pay subscriptions.

Any others out there I’d like to hear from you too

Phone number compromised ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.