Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Texts from email address to 20-30 phone numbers.

I've been getting these strange robo texts since last October. They appear to be from an email address to 20-30 phone numbers. I get 1-3 daily but only when I turn on cellular data. There is always a link to what looks like a fake dating site or maybe even ****. Screenshot attached.

At first I blocked every number and address, but that didn't stop them. Some of the blocked numbers are still listed in the TO: section.

I email the screenshots to reportphishing@apple.com and today tried the FCC which was a LONG process and would only take one text at a time. I've sent 30-40 to Apple.

None of my friends have had this experience. Any help?

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 1:20 PM

4 replies

Jan 22, 2022 2:51 PM in response to jlw71

Actually it does contain a lot of personal information including someones email.

Yes, we are all aware of what these look like. I get one monthly supposedly from AT&T saying that since I've paid my bill they are offering a free gift. They are coming in from email addresses which make them harder for the cell phone providers to block but contact your cell service provider to report them.

Texts from email address to 20-30 phone numbers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.