Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't enable Personnalized Ads and Apple Advertising

Hello,

It seems I have a slight issue, I can't enable the personnalized ads nor the apple advertising on my iphone 12 pro (ios 14.5).

The buttons are disabled and the option stays greyed out.

The only workaround I've found is disconnecting my account from Media and purchases under icloud, when I disconnect the Personnalized Ads comes back, but then when I reconnect it, it just goes back to disabled and greyed out.

I'm not using any business related account nor a Mobile Device Management tool. It's my personnal iphone, only thing I have is a Teams app connected to my professionnal account but this doesn't affect my pro device which has the same + I tried removing it and it had no effect...

Also checked under screen time and there it's not activated so no restriction.

Does anyone has any idea how to fix this ? My guess is it might be coming from an app but how can I find it among the multiples apps I have ?

thank you in advance for your answers

Edit : Seems like it also re-enables when I only disconnect from the app store

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 7:48 AM

*I found this article *Why is “Allow Apps to Request to Track“ grayed out on my iPhone?Indeed, why is “Allow Apps to Request to Track“ grayed out on your device? People who are faced with the same issue will find the answer in a support document on Apple’s website which lists a few instances when the “Allow Apps to Request to Track“ setting may be grayed out:

• If your Apple ID was created in the last three days.
  • If your Apple ID is managed by an educational institution or uses a configuration profile that limits tracking.
  • For users with child accounts or under age 18 by birth year, signed in with an Apple ID.

An important thing to note: child account age varies by country and region.

Don’t worry about being tracked while this setting is greeted out—Apple says that in any of the aforementioned cases, all apps that request to track you will be denied permission by default. And should the status of your Apple ID account or device change down the road, you will be allowed to toggle the setting “Allow Apps to Ask to Track” on or off at will.

My Notes: This is what I found about this issue, I am guessing it will be able to toggle the next time Facebook tries to track you. If not try to reinstall Facebook and as a last resort to go Settings > General > Reset > Erase all settings (Not Erase all Content and Settings)

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2021 7:48 AM in response to Corentin1110

*I found this article *Why is “Allow Apps to Request to Track“ grayed out on my iPhone?Indeed, why is “Allow Apps to Request to Track“ grayed out on your device? People who are faced with the same issue will find the answer in a support document on Apple’s website which lists a few instances when the “Allow Apps to Request to Track“ setting may be grayed out:

• If your Apple ID was created in the last three days.
  • If your Apple ID is managed by an educational institution or uses a configuration profile that limits tracking.
  • For users with child accounts or under age 18 by birth year, signed in with an Apple ID.

An important thing to note: child account age varies by country and region.

Don’t worry about being tracked while this setting is greeted out—Apple says that in any of the aforementioned cases, all apps that request to track you will be denied permission by default. And should the status of your Apple ID account or device change down the road, you will be allowed to toggle the setting “Allow Apps to Ask to Track” on or off at will.

My Notes: This is what I found about this issue, I am guessing it will be able to toggle the next time Facebook tries to track you. If not try to reinstall Facebook and as a last resort to go Settings > General > Reset > Erase all settings (Not Erase all Content and Settings)

May 3, 2021 1:28 AM in response to Dennison199

Hello ! Sorry for the late answer

Useful article but in my case I'm not in any of those situation, indeed I might have to erase all settings as a last resort but I'd rather not do it since it seems tied to Apple ID and not the phone settings directly

I already went through every setting possible on id.apple.com but never found anything that could impact the tracking.

I don't really care about tracking, it's just that I need to be tracked and check some stuff for my work

Can't enable Personnalized Ads and Apple Advertising

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.