Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac iMessage Working only with iPhone Users. No SMS. Why?

So my Mac can send messages to other iPhone users, but it can't send SMS messages when my previous Mac could. Why? Tried restarting iMessage and my Mac. Unsuccessful.

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 2:09 PM

Hello Artimordia and thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

We would be happy to help assist you with sending SMS messages from your Mac. First, we'll want to be sure that text message forwarding is switched on in your iPhone settings. The article below will help walk you through those steps.

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac 

Once that is enabled, you should be able to send and receive SMS messages from your Mac the same way you do with iMessage.

We hope this helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2021 2:09 PM in response to Artimordia

Hello Artimordia and thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

We would be happy to help assist you with sending SMS messages from your Mac. First, we'll want to be sure that text message forwarding is switched on in your iPhone settings. The article below will help walk you through those steps.

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac 

Once that is enabled, you should be able to send and receive SMS messages from your Mac the same way you do with iMessage.

We hope this helps!

Mac iMessage Working only with iPhone Users. No SMS. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.