Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when I am trying to login to certain websites (such as my bank) salary is trying to reload the page and then shuts it off

when I am trying to login to certain websites (such as my bank) salary is trying to reload the page and then shuts it off

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 11:00 AM

Hi

You could try this. The issue for me occurred after running the latest security update.

The security update this week Security Update 2021 - 002 caused the same issue. Unchecking "Prevent Cross Site Tracking" in Preferences fixed the issue. However, it leaves all other websites able to cross site track until it is checked again - not ideal or preferred. .

The website in question for me worked fine with Prevent Cross Site Tracking enabled up until the security update was applied.

Interestingly, preferring to do the security update first and the Safari 14.1 update second, I unchecked the Safari update box and ran the security update. Afterward, the Safari update was no longer offered in the update list. After checking, my version of Safari still shows as 14.0.3. No explanation for this at the moment.

macOS 10.15.7

Security Update 2021 - 002

Safari 14.0.3

Cheers

Jeff

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2021 11:00 AM in response to 022847918

Hi

You could try this. The issue for me occurred after running the latest security update.

The security update this week Security Update 2021 - 002 caused the same issue. Unchecking "Prevent Cross Site Tracking" in Preferences fixed the issue. However, it leaves all other websites able to cross site track until it is checked again - not ideal or preferred. .

The website in question for me worked fine with Prevent Cross Site Tracking enabled up until the security update was applied.

Interestingly, preferring to do the security update first and the Safari 14.1 update second, I unchecked the Safari update box and ran the security update. Afterward, the Safari update was no longer offered in the update list. After checking, my version of Safari still shows as 14.0.3. No explanation for this at the moment.

macOS 10.15.7

Security Update 2021 - 002

Safari 14.0.3

Cheers

Jeff

May 3, 2021 4:53 AM in response to tomer192

This seems to be similar to issues others are having after the Safari 14.1 update 4/27/2021 that was part of the Catalina 10.15.7 update and it relates to JavaScript.  

Test the following to help you isolate:

Turn off “Enable Javascript” in Safari: Preferences: Security 

See if this resolves the the issue loading pages  

This is not a solution since pages are only partially complete and lacks any Javascript functionality.  

I have been working on this issue and so far the only current workarounds / solutions are:

1) Use Firefox ( My preferred solution while I wait for Apple to release a fix/update. )

2) Use Chrome ( I avoid due to security concerns and data harvesting by the big G. )

3) Install the Apple Developer preview of Safari 14.2 ( https://developer.apple.com/safari/technology-preview/ ) NOTE this is a preview that coexists with the current version of Safari ).  Since it is not an official release there are risks.  I have tested and it works perfectly opening problem sites.

4) Apple will tell you to reinstall the OS BUT I have not tested and is time consuming...

I am still searching for a fix.

Bottom Line: At this point this is most likely an Apple bug/issue related to 14.1 and they need to offer a fix other than an OSX reinstall  and that reminds me of the #1  Microsoft Windows issue solution!

May 4, 2021 5:02 PM in response to Don Mactavish

I've had this problem on almost every website I use for the past few days. However, it seems to occur only on my older laptop, which is still running Catalina because it won't support Big Sur (that's one reason why I bought a new one a few months ago). It appears that there's no good solution yet, but it's good to know the issue isn't just something wrong with my computer, and I will keep checking for more information.

May 5, 2021 3:09 AM in response to NJM55

Update

There was an issue with a recent update from Apple and they have released a fixed version of Safari 14.1.

1) Check your version of Safari ( Menu Safari:About ) if it is 14.1 you may have the issue that impacted sites that use JavaScript..

2) Check the date of the Safari app in Finder Applications. If it is PRIOR to May 5th 2021 you need to update.

3) Go to System Preferences: Software Update and check for any updates. NOTE if you are NOT on Big Sur you do not need to upgrade to Big Sur. Look for updates for your OS. There is a link below the Big Sur update icon and link.

I have tested the latest version 14.1 (15611.1.21.161.7, 15611)app dated May 5 2021 and it solved the issues I ( and many others ) were having with Safari 14.1.

I hope this helps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.