Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers app Personal budget template

How to create categories or add your own new category on both budget and transaction page?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 4:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 7:40 AM

On the transaction table, select all the cells in that column (all the pop ups), not including the header cell then use the sidebar on the right to add a new item to the pop-up menu. I would set it to "start with blank" while you are there.

Column A on the Budget table appears to be text. What I would do is copy one of the pop ups from the Transaction table and paste it into column A of the Budget table so you can use it there. Put it into an empty row, select all the other cells in that column (not the header and footer), go to the formatting sidebar, and change the format from "multiple" to pop up menu. They should all be pop up menus now.

The column chart will include new rows you add to the table. The pie chart you'll have to "edit data references" and include any new rows.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2021 7:40 AM in response to kapil141

On the transaction table, select all the cells in that column (all the pop ups), not including the header cell then use the sidebar on the right to add a new item to the pop-up menu. I would set it to "start with blank" while you are there.

Column A on the Budget table appears to be text. What I would do is copy one of the pop ups from the Transaction table and paste it into column A of the Budget table so you can use it there. Put it into an empty row, select all the other cells in that column (not the header and footer), go to the formatting sidebar, and change the format from "multiple" to pop up menu. They should all be pop up menus now.

The column chart will include new rows you add to the table. The pie chart you'll have to "edit data references" and include any new rows.

Numbers app Personal budget template

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.