Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Clean My Mac an Apple-authorized app?

Is Clean My Mac (CMM) an authorized app? I'm asking this because several responses to questions regarding whether it's useful as a "cleaning" or otherwise enhancing application are flatly "No." If that's the case and it's authorized, is there a reasonable explanation for the inconsistency?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 4:58 AM

It is not"Authorized" by Apple, but a user can buy it from App Store.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cleanmymac-x/id1339170533?mt=12

App Store selling it, doesn't necessarily mean Apple authorized it.

macOS is capable of taking care of itself on its own. So there is no need it for.

3 replies

Apr 30, 2021 5:39 AM in response to dominic23

That begs the question, how does the macOS take are of it? And what needs taking care of? The issue seems to be floating around on the message board. I surmise from what I've read that a number of responders think it's trash; should be avoided; degrades; renders a Mac unstable; etc. Yet it's sold from the app store I get the marketing aspect; Apple makes money on sales of CMM and it works, sort of, like a screen door keeps out rain. But that's not helpful for users who - like me - want to avoid junk but keep their laptops in shape. So what do you pro's suggest? Is there an app or a subroutine that will "take care of it on its own?" What about the so-called "services" CMM provides? Is there a superior product, Apple or otherwise, to keep a Mac Book Pro healthy? Thanks in advance for any answer anybody can give me.

Apr 30, 2021 5:54 AM in response to Bsparky101

The operating system doesn't need to be taken care of by a third-party app. Clean My Mac could end up causing a multitude of problems much worse than the so-called "junk" it cleans out. I'm not sure why you think your mac needs any kind of cleaning to function properly. Mac disk space has a very low effect on performance and speed.

See here, where apple has recommended the top answer: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250282739

Is Clean My Mac an Apple-authorized app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.