Is "Clean My Mac X" app from MacPaw harmful or dangerous to use on my Mac Studio?

A tech person at my company who (believe it or not) loves Apple recommended that I purchase a subscription to Clean My Mac X from MacPaw. Is it worth installing on my home Mac Studio since I don't have a "Tech Services Department" at home to call at 1:00 in the morning when I might run into a problem?

Mac Studio, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 4:02 PM

that software is known through it's lifespan to cause Mac problems for over 15 years! They're Russian and I don't know about you I wouldn't trust their software even in Intel Macs! The only thing on Mac is Trojans you as user allow into system! Besides all I know as retired Network Administrator and support windows Machines I know the US Government doesn't trust that software even on PCs you know it probably is not safe on Mac!

To protect my home Macs I always used the free version I(free for Home USE) of MailwareBytes.com

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2023 4:02 PM in response to russraman

that software is known through it's lifespan to cause Mac problems for over 15 years! They're Russian and I don't know about you I wouldn't trust their software even in Intel Macs! The only thing on Mac is Trojans you as user allow into system! Besides all I know as retired Network Administrator and support windows Machines I know the US Government doesn't trust that software even on PCs you know it probably is not safe on Mac!

To protect my home Macs I always used the free version I(free for Home USE) of MailwareBytes.com

Is "Clean My Mac X" app from MacPaw harmful or dangerous to use on my Mac Studio?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.