Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Date format in Safari isn't local anymore after update to ios 14.5

Today i ran the ios 14.5 update on my Iphone 12. When visiting some webpages i noticed that the date and time formats weren't local anymore in HTML input fields. Before the update the date was shown as "29 April 2021" and time as "12:45". After the update date is shown as "April 29, 2021" and time as "12:45 PM". So it seems safari doesn't support local date and time. Is there a way to fix this?

Greetings Arjan Remie

iPhone 12

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2021 4:50 AM

Hi!

Same thing happened for me, my solution:

Settings>General>Date & Time>24-Hour Time == OFF !

then set it ON again.

This is worked for me for a while. When I opened the same website again, the time format changed back to 12H format!

Mihaly

10 replies

May 1, 2021 2:28 PM in response to Ben_Z1

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your repley; language and region are set correctly. I haven't come across another app that needs date or time input. It is not a website problem because other websites, including w3school.com, shiw the same format.

Sometimes a picturs says more than a thousand words, so here's one. As you can see below the date is displayed in the english format and time is in 12h format (am/pm), as mentioned previously it was like "1 Mei 2021" and in 24h format (the way we normally format the date and time in the Netherlands). When I submit this form date and time are saved as they should.

it seems like a small problem, but it is quite annoying. For me it's much easier to see if the time is set correctly in 24h format.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance!

Arjan

May 3, 2021 5:50 AM in response to ubs8546

Thanks for the "Solved!" badge,

BUT

my solution is not a real solution yet!

It can be the first step to find the bug we got with this update.

As I see: when Safari load a page, got a false info about the user's locale settings. When You modify the time format during the page left opened, the change affect the opened page immediately.

Mihaly

Date format in Safari isn't local anymore after update to ios 14.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.