Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Play Sound” works fine when trying to locate my airtag. But when I choose “Directions” mode it does not show the distance (in feet) away like I see in videos. 15 feet, 10 feet, etc. Is it user error? I have an iPhone X.

Am I not able to access the "Directions" mode for my airtag - where it shows in feet - how far you are from the tagged devise? Counting down "15 feet, 10 feet, 5 feet" etc as you get closer because I have an iPhone X - or is there another reason - such as user error? I get the map and the location dot, but not the distance away detail I've seen on video. Thanks much!

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 4:04 PM

LasVegasDMV wrote:

Am I not able to access the "Directions" mode for my airtag - where it shows in feet - how far you are from the tagged devise? Counting down "15 feet, 10 feet, 5 feet" etc as you get closer because I have an iPhone X - or is there another reason - such as user error? I get the map and the location dot, but not the distance away detail I've seen on video. Thanks much!

That may be "precision finding" you have seen and is only on iPhone 11 and 12.

https://www.apple.com/ca/airtag/?afid=p238%7CsIxV5SvGJ-dc_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_516570616732_pgrid_124945402767_&cid=aos-ca-kwGO---slid---product-

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2021 4:04 PM in response to LasVegasDMV

LasVegasDMV wrote:

That may be "precision finding" you have seen and is only on iPhone 11 and 12.

https://www.apple.com/ca/airtag/?afid=p238%7CsIxV5SvGJ-dc_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_516570616732_pgrid_124945402767_&cid=aos-ca-kwGO---slid---product-

“Play Sound” works fine when trying to locate my airtag. But when I choose “Directions” mode it does not show the distance (in feet) away like I see in videos. 15 feet, 10 feet, etc. Is it user error? I have an iPhone X.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.