Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I make my mac file system afbs to download big sur

How do I change the file system on my MacBook Pro to allow it to download Big Sur? It needs to be APFS and I'm unsure how?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 1, 2021 12:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2021 2:14 AM

The information in your profile lists MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14 ( Mojave ). Is this correct ? Then below indicates there should be no worries with the file system being not APFS

Does this computer qualify for the Big Sur upGrade - see the list here. macOS Big Sur is compatible with these computers

If upgrading from macOS Sierra or later, macOS Big Sur requires 35.5GB of available storage to upgrade. If upgrading from an earlier release, macOS Big Sur requires up to 44.5GB of available storage. To upgrade from OS X Mountain Lion, first upgrade to OS X El Capitan, then upgrade to macOS Big Sur.

A User Tip on How to Upgrade to Big Sur - good to read Before attempting the Big Sur installation.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2021 2:14 AM in response to Autism Awareness

The information in your profile lists MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14 ( Mojave ). Is this correct ? Then below indicates there should be no worries with the file system being not APFS

Does this computer qualify for the Big Sur upGrade - see the list here. macOS Big Sur is compatible with these computers

If upgrading from macOS Sierra or later, macOS Big Sur requires 35.5GB of available storage to upgrade. If upgrading from an earlier release, macOS Big Sur requires up to 44.5GB of available storage. To upgrade from OS X Mountain Lion, first upgrade to OS X El Capitan, then upgrade to macOS Big Sur.

A User Tip on How to Upgrade to Big Sur - good to read Before attempting the Big Sur installation.

how do I make my mac file system afbs to download big sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.