Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My email was hacked and Apple ID deleted so I cannot change the Apple ID on my iPad

My email was hacked and apple ID deleted so I cannot change the apple ID on my ipad because change password shows old email does not exist. I tried recreating the old apple id email address but it shoes as already in use. I have a new email which works fine on my phone but cannot change on the ipad. I can not turn off find my device on the iPad to hard reset. Nor does the ipad show in my devices

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 1, 2021 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2021 1:05 PM

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

"Make sure that you sign out of all your devices to avoid issues with apps that use your Apple ID account or iCloud. After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted."

You can try:

Apple can completely reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. Do this online at: Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support Apple says, "Proof of ownership documentation is required," but does not state what currently constitutes proof. Prior to this new online service Apple typically required the original receipt issued by an Apple Authorized dealer and documented provenance (so typically it would be the original owner who does this, or a descendant with legal proof of ownership).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2021 1:05 PM in response to zane57

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

"Make sure that you sign out of all your devices to avoid issues with apps that use your Apple ID account or iCloud. After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted."

You can try:

Apple can completely reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. Do this online at: Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support Apple says, "Proof of ownership documentation is required," but does not state what currently constitutes proof. Prior to this new online service Apple typically required the original receipt issued by an Apple Authorized dealer and documented provenance (so typically it would be the original owner who does this, or a descendant with legal proof of ownership).

My email was hacked and Apple ID deleted so I cannot change the Apple ID on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.