Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My depth effect is not working on xs max after ios 14.5

Depth effect in face camera on my xs max is not working after ios 14.5 plz Hepl.!

Thank you

iPhone XS

Posted on May 1, 2021 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2021 12:46 PM

Hello Iliasxir,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! We understand you are experiencing some issues with your Camera on your iPhone after updating. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

To start, take a look at this helpful article that goes over how to use Portrait mode on your iPhone to make sure the proper steps are followed to use it:

Use Portrait mode on your iPhone

If you continue to experience issues, we'd like to ask some questions to get a better understanding of what is happening.

• Are you receiving any sort of error message when you try using Portrait mode?
  • Is this also happening with the back camera when trying to use Portrait mode?
  • Are you able to adjust the depth after taking the photo in Portrait mode? Check the section titled "Adjust Depth Control and Portrait Lighting" in the article linked above.

Keep us updated on how it goes. We hope this information helps!

Best Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2021 12:46 PM in response to Iliasxir

Hello Iliasxir,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! We understand you are experiencing some issues with your Camera on your iPhone after updating. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

To start, take a look at this helpful article that goes over how to use Portrait mode on your iPhone to make sure the proper steps are followed to use it:

Use Portrait mode on your iPhone

If you continue to experience issues, we'd like to ask some questions to get a better understanding of what is happening.

• Are you receiving any sort of error message when you try using Portrait mode?
  • Is this also happening with the back camera when trying to use Portrait mode?
  • Are you able to adjust the depth after taking the photo in Portrait mode? Check the section titled "Adjust Depth Control and Portrait Lighting" in the article linked above.

Keep us updated on how it goes. We hope this information helps!

Best Regards.

May 3, 2021 7:19 AM in response to Iliasxir

Thanks for following up with us here. We are happy to hear that your Photos work properly again. Now, with the iPhone being disabled, you would need to restore the device using a computer by following the steps outlined in this helpful article:

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled

You will have to have a backup that has your data in it in order to restore it to your device. If you are using iCloud Photos, the photos will sync back to the device automatically when you sign in with your Apple ID. If you aren't using iCloud Photos, you will need to restore them from a backup file as outlined here:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

We hope this information helps!

Best Regards.

May 3, 2021 3:09 AM in response to brianj123

Now i have another issue …my iphone xs max is disable because i tried wrongs passwords several times…even thow i now my password. is it because i updated to 14,5 and has an issue? Or the face id is not working. is there any way that i can unlock iphone withoutw losing my photos and all my data?i have the reciept that i bought it and the box amd everything.

My depth effect is not working on xs max after ios 14.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.