Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open Excel files after upgrading to Big Sir on my iMac from Catalina

Can't open Excel files after updating to Big Sir on my iMac from Catalina

Posted on May 1, 2021 11:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2021 5:21 AM

That might not be the best advice until you understand whether they have a Microsoft 365 subscription or the single-purchase Office 2019 for Mac. The Mac App Store applications are strictly subscription versions and would overwrite the single-purchase license applications, causing license mayhem.

Similar questions

9 replies

May 3, 2021 4:56 AM in response to virgil208

I would check Office for Mac and verify you are running the most up-to-date version. If you are please do the following:

Please navigate to www.Etrecheck.com and download the free version of EtreCheck. Once you have you downloaded the app and installed it, please run the report and save it. This report will help us get a good idea what has been installed on your system and help us be able to diagnose what may be wrong.

When you have your report, you can attach it when you reply to this message and we can then review it and help you determine what is needed to get your system running well again. 

For instructions on how to download your EtreCheck report and attach it to your reply to this message please click https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211

Can't open Excel files after upgrading to Big Sir on my iMac from Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.