Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wifi disconnects automatically and keeps asking me to disconnect from carport when I try to turn it on

Hi! My iPhone 12 started to disconnect from the WiFi a few days ago. Whenever I tried to turn it on it would ask me to disconnect from the carport first, but I never setup carport on my iphone before, and there was nothing in setting under carport saying my phone was connected. After I followed the option and selected “disconnect” from carport then I could connect to WiFi for the time I was using the phone, but once I turned my screen off and tried to use my phone again later my wifi was not connected again, and it would ask me to disconnect from carport all over again if I try to turn on the WiFi again. Does anyone know what’s going on with my phone?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on May 2, 2021 12:04 AM

7 replies

May 2, 2021 12:24 PM in response to yi13

OK......Make sure you know the passwords to all the Wifi networks you connect to, because this next step will have your phone forget them all by resetting Network Settings. Then you'll connect to your home network with your Wifi Password as though it was the first time connecting, which will hopefully remove whatever is making your phone think it may have been connected to CarPlay previously.

Remember, jot your passwords down. Then go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

May 2, 2021 12:26 AM in response to yi13

What is the carport that the iPhone is referring to? Is it the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth Module in your car that you may have been using? Is it the physical USB port in your car that you connect to?

Next time your iPhone requests to disconnect from carport then do not disconnect and instead open Settings ➔ Wi-Fi : Here, you will see a list of available Wi-Fi Networks and the one that you may be connected to. What you can try and do is locate Carport and then delete it from the list by tapping on the (i) next to the name.

Axel F.

May 2, 2021 8:31 AM in response to yi13

Is the Car Play system in your car wireless? If it is, you're using Wifi from your cars system to connect your phone wirelessly to Car Play. This would seem to be your situation. I would guess that if this is your situation, when you turn your car off, you don't shut down the audio system, you just turn the car off. It's likely in that situation, even if the car if off, the head unit Wifi is still working in the background.

My wifi disconnects automatically and keeps asking me to disconnect from carport when I try to turn it on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.