Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPAD TRADE IN

Hi, I was looking to buy a new iPad (Ipad Air). I have one already and was looking to do a trade-in (I do not have access to a store due to covid so it would have to be done by mail if that is possible). Can this be done? Can I get a certain amount off of the new one I buy, or will it simply be a gift card that I receive, then I have to buy the new iPad?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 2, 2021 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2021 8:52 AM

Yes, a trade-in is often possible:

Apple Trade In - Apple

If purchasing online from Apple, you have the option to trade-in during the purchase process. If your device is eligible, you will see an estimate of its value. If you accept the estimated value, you will initially pay the full purchase price - and will be sent a shipping kit in which to return your old device for trade-in.

When your old device is received, the item will be assessed. If the item is accepted, with its condition matching that declared when initiating the trade-in, the credit card used to make your purchase will be refunded the value of the trade-in.

A trade-in does not have to be completed when purchasing a new device - but can be made at another time. In this situation, you will receive a gift card for the trade-in value. Again, the device will be inspected when returned - and if all is well, you receive the offered value.

When trading-in, if the item was not as described, you may be offered a lower value - or the item may be returned to you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2021 8:52 AM in response to mathilde113

Yes, a trade-in is often possible:

Apple Trade In - Apple

If purchasing online from Apple, you have the option to trade-in during the purchase process. If your device is eligible, you will see an estimate of its value. If you accept the estimated value, you will initially pay the full purchase price - and will be sent a shipping kit in which to return your old device for trade-in.

When your old device is received, the item will be assessed. If the item is accepted, with its condition matching that declared when initiating the trade-in, the credit card used to make your purchase will be refunded the value of the trade-in.

A trade-in does not have to be completed when purchasing a new device - but can be made at another time. In this situation, you will receive a gift card for the trade-in value. Again, the device will be inspected when returned - and if all is well, you receive the offered value.

When trading-in, if the item was not as described, you may be offered a lower value - or the item may be returned to you.

IPAD TRADE IN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.