Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro Order and Trade In

I just ordered a 12.9-inch iPad Pro and Apple estimates it will arrive in June.

I’m trading in my current iPad Pro and I believe I have only 14 days after I receive the kit to return it to Apple.

i’d appreciate it if someone who’s experienced this issue would comment on how this will work.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on May 2, 2021 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2021 1:14 PM

If trading-in a device whilst purchasing a new iPad, around about the time of your new iPad being despatched, you will be sent a shipping kit. The shipping kit and new device should be expected to arrive at the shipping address at about the same time - allowing time for you to transfer your data from your old to new iPad - before shipping the old iPad.

When ordering your new iPad, you will initially be charged the full price of the new iPad. When your old iPad is received, it be be assessed by Apple’s trade-in partner - and if the iPad meets the description given when initiating the trade-in - and has no unexpected damage or defects - you will receive a refund of the trade-in value directly to your credit card. If, however, your old iPad is assessed as having undeclared damage or deficiencies, you may be offered a lower trade-in value, or the iPad will be returned to you.

I hope this information proves to be helpful in addressing any concerns that you may have with the process or its anticipated timing.

Apple Trade In - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2021 1:14 PM in response to georgefromspring

If trading-in a device whilst purchasing a new iPad, around about the time of your new iPad being despatched, you will be sent a shipping kit. The shipping kit and new device should be expected to arrive at the shipping address at about the same time - allowing time for you to transfer your data from your old to new iPad - before shipping the old iPad.

When ordering your new iPad, you will initially be charged the full price of the new iPad. When your old iPad is received, it be be assessed by Apple’s trade-in partner - and if the iPad meets the description given when initiating the trade-in - and has no unexpected damage or defects - you will receive a refund of the trade-in value directly to your credit card. If, however, your old iPad is assessed as having undeclared damage or deficiencies, you may be offered a lower trade-in value, or the iPad will be returned to you.

I hope this information proves to be helpful in addressing any concerns that you may have with the process or its anticipated timing.

Apple Trade In - Apple

iPad Pro Order and Trade In

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.