Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It’s 2021 how is there no way to leave a group chat that even if some members aren’t using Apple????

How is it that in 2021 there is no way to leave a group chat someone included you into, just because not all individuals are using iMessage?

Posted on May 2, 2021 5:24 PM

10 replies

May 22, 2021 1:00 PM in response to devinfromcarmel

devinfromcarmel wrote:

I have the same issue and I want to leave a group chat because people are being rude and I CANT!?!?? What in the world?! I don’t care that it’s not apple’s fault, apple is still responsible because the issue is happening on their software THAT THEY MADE!

So if you had an Android phone and you couldn’t leave a group chat, and you couldn’t, by the way, that would be Google’s fault? And if you had a dumb Nokia phone and you couldn’t leave a group chat, that would be Nokia’s fault? How about putting the responsibility where it belongs, on the cellular carriers who decided that was the way group chats work. Have you complained to your carrier?

May 22, 2021 4:04 PM in response to devinfromcarmel

devinfromcarmel wrote:

Stop trying to take the blame off of apple, because it’s apple fault, did the cellular carriers make apples operating system? No, they didn’t. Just like you said put the responsibility where it belongs, the responsibility would be put on apple because they made their own OS and the cellular carriers don’t

all iOS does is send and receive carrier-driven commands to the carrier's SMS system.

It’s 2021 how is there no way to leave a group chat that even if some members aren’t using Apple????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.