Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem but with the NAS Fritz BOX update mac big sur 11.3

Buongiorno,

da quando ho fatto l'aggiornamento a Big sur 11.3 il mio nas Friz box non viene letto, dice

Si è verificato un errore durante la connessione al server, soluzioni?

Good morning,

since I upgraded to Big sur 11.3 my nas Friz box is not being read, he says

An error occurred while connecting to the server, solutions?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 3, 2021 5:23 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

May 4, 2021 8:13 AM in response to gaetano277

Hi gaetano277,

It sounds like you're getting an alert about not being able to connect to the server on your Mac. We're glad you've joined us in Apple Support Communities. Let's see if this helps.

If your Mac doesn't connect to the Internet over Wi-Fi follow the steps in this link. It will guide you through how to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi connection on a Mac if you can't connect to the internet at all.

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services, follow these steps. The troubleshooting in this link has the most frequent solutions to fixing any issue connecting to our services. You'll see in step two of that link that you may need to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi connection, including contacting your Internet provider for more help.

If the issue remains, let us know if it's just Apple services that you can't connect to or everything on the internet.

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

May 16, 2021 11:58 AM in response to gaetano277

My issue is when trying to connect using the SMB Protocol. Something that works for me in the meantime is to connect to my NAS via CIFS and not SMB, like this:

1. Open Finder and hit Cmd-K (Connect to Server);
  2. Type cifs://local-ip-address-of-server

This is the only thing that worked for me. You'll of course need to know your server's IP-Address which can be found in your router's admin area. Hope this helps someone.

May 13, 2021 10:34 AM in response to gaetano277

Other macOS users were having SMB issues before Big Sur 11.3. Apple tried to fix some SMB bug in 11.3.

See link: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/big-sur-problems-with-smb.2268613

Unfortunately, by "fixing" the SMB bug affecting some users of 11.2 etc., Apple broke SMB for every user of the AVM FritzBox SMB feature when updating to 11.3.

I just updated to Big Sur 11.3 from Catalina today, hoping I had been waiting long enough to avoid any bugs. But Apple seem to be adding bugs to new updates anyway...

My NAS/SMB is now broken. There is no way to fix this but to wait and wait and wait. And apparently Apple is blaming AVM, and AVM blaming Apple...

See articles below (can translate from German to English with the new Big Sur Safari translate feature...).

https://stadt-bremerhaven.de/macos-11-3-big-sur-probleme-mit-smb-und-der-avm-fritzbox/

https://www.mactechnews.de/forum/discussion/Kein-Zugriff-mehr-auf-Festplatte-an-Fritzbox-unter-Big-Sur--343585.html

May 13, 2021 1:27 PM in response to lukatibo

What made you come to the conclusion that the URL is a "government site URL"?

This:

"stadt-bremerhaven.de"

Last time I checked, "stadt" means "city" and .de denotes Deutschland, so this combo purports to be an official site of the city of Bremerhaven.

At the very least, it is misleading the public. Even if the domain was available and properly paid for, it is misleading at best. One has to do a bit of searching to find this (and other references):

https://stadt-bremerhaven.de/1800-euro-kosten-fuer-domain-mit-stadtnamen/

And no, I do not need to have that translated, thank you. Not impressed.

May 13, 2021 4:13 PM in response to babowa

The wikipedia page for the blog makes it very clear that the .de domain is legit. One doesn't have to do a lot of searching to find that out.

Besides, a .de domain is a country code top-level domain, not "a government site URL" as you stated. And the word "city" can be freely used for a domain name by anyone wanting to setup a blog about where they live.

The blogger created a blog 16 years ago and decided to pick the name of where he lives or something, nothing sinister or misleading here.

You just jumped to conclusions and got paranoid for no reason. The link to the blog I posted can be trusted just fine. In fact, his blog seems to be a popular and trusted independent sources of information for web, software, hardware and computing in Germany. Next time, do your research before tarnishing someone's website reputation for no reason.

You didn't even contribute to the OP's issue by the way. Not impressed.

May 13, 2021 5:58 PM in response to lukatibo

Besides, a .de domain is a country code top-level domain, not "a government site URL" as you stated

Before you jump to incorrect conclusions, I did not state anything about the .de domain. Read carefully. I asked why the URL looked like it led to the city of Bremerhaven which makes it look like it is a government site.

My original question/statement still stands: that is misleading the public. That is a legitimate question/statement.

And you may think it's popular, but I generally prefer my information coming directly from the source. I don't do blogs. And I do not necessarily believe most of what is claimed or published on the internet.

This will be my last post here. And thank you for your contribution to my learning something new today.

And, as a suggestion to the OP: have you contacted the developer? Explain to them exactly what is happening. When Apple issues an update, third party device developers or manufacturers need to make sure that their device will work with the update. Apple did not "break" it; they are not responsible for updating millions of third party devices or services.

May 21, 2021 2:21 AM in response to gaetano277

I have the same problem with SMB access.

It worked in BigSur 11.3 and stoped working after the latest update to 11.3.1.

What is the most frustrating, that Apple is constantly changing something, and you do not know that something was changed.

I remember how long it took me to find out why my Network Drive do not work after upgrading from Catalina to Big Sur, and all I can do is to wait for an update of Fritz OS.

Now the same problem again, and this is not a rocket science but basic network drive.

I did updates from Tiger regularly without any issues and now I have learned the hard way that I should never update MacOS again...

problem but with the NAS Fritz BOX update mac big sur 11.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.