Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I setup my new phone and apps are taking a long time to load?

Apps taking a long time to load

iPhone 12

Posted on May 3, 2021 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2021 8:36 AM

They can take hours depending on your WiFi speed and the server workload. Carry on using the rest of the apps in the mean time. If you have a good Cellular/Mobile contract you can turn on the ability to instal apps using your SIM whulst you work elsewhere

Settings, App Store, Always allow, or Ask if over 200MB

and

Settings, Cellular or Mobile Data, App store On|Off

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2021 8:36 AM in response to TAB1162

They can take hours depending on your WiFi speed and the server workload. Carry on using the rest of the apps in the mean time. If you have a good Cellular/Mobile contract you can turn on the ability to instal apps using your SIM whulst you work elsewhere

Settings, App Store, Always allow, or Ask if over 200MB

and

Settings, Cellular or Mobile Data, App store On|Off

Jun 13, 2021 3:21 AM in response to snrmv19

for me? 2 hours

If the icons are shaded with some of them with a whirly shape (mid download) then they are downloading, just need to wait

Depends

1. how many apps you have
  2. Wifi speed
  3. Server speed in your region

Could try restarting the phone and reset network settings

(Settings, General, Reset)

Make sure the wifi is reconnected.

Use Meteor app or similar to check download speed -needs to be at least 5mbps for reasonable progress.

Jun 8, 2021 5:56 PM in response to LD150

I don’t know what my financial info has to do with my new phone not downloading my apps. Anyway, my situation is resolved after my 5th attempt with the right help this last time (3rd level expert). Thanks, anyway. To answer your question anyway, everything was in my old phone correctly and it is the same Apple ID. Sadly, after getting all of my apps from the ICloud correctly, Safari and apps store won’t open. I think I have to go back to those settings and change them back.

Jun 13, 2021 7:05 AM in response to LD150

All icons say :"downloading" and there is a circle which is like half full, as if they are downloading but only half way. But it's been like this for 22 hours. My speed is 16.54 Mbps, so should be OK. I have re-started the phone as well as turning it off and on several times. I just counted the apps, 136 to download. Probably too many..

Jul 5, 2021 3:30 PM in response to snrmv19

I am having the same exact issue with downloads. Just purchased a Iphone 12 and transferred information. The standard set up. But all my apps (other than Apple) are stalling ...It's been days!! I tried going into storage and deleting them..but it won't move out to delete. Just tells me there, as well, 'Loading'. "snrmv19" Were you able to get past this?

I setup my new phone and apps are taking a long time to load?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.