Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is it taking so long for my apps to load on new IPad?

Why is it taking so long for apps to load on my new IPad?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 5:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 5:57 AM

Presumably you are in the process of transferring data and Apps from an old to new iPad.

It is impossible to provide an absolute answer to this question. The time required to complete the transfer from old to new iPad, is principally a function of:

a) how much data needs to be transferred

b) the speed of your WiFi network

c) the speed of your internet connection - as your new iPad will need to automatically download Apps and other non-transferable content from Apple’s servers.

As such, if very little data needs to be transferred, the transfer process may be minutes; conversely, if a significant amount of data must be transferred between devices, the process may take many hours.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2022 5:57 AM in response to Fi478

Presumably you are in the process of transferring data and Apps from an old to new iPad.

It is impossible to provide an absolute answer to this question. The time required to complete the transfer from old to new iPad, is principally a function of:

a) how much data needs to be transferred

b) the speed of your WiFi network

c) the speed of your internet connection - as your new iPad will need to automatically download Apps and other non-transferable content from Apple’s servers.

As such, if very little data needs to be transferred, the transfer process may be minutes; conversely, if a significant amount of data must be transferred between devices, the process may take many hours.

Why is it taking so long for my apps to load on new IPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.