Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After I upgraded my iphone 11 pro max to ios 14.5.1, it's not able to connect internet.

Not able to connect internet after upgraded the ios to 14.5.1. When i opened the setting, it showed me my device already connected to wifi, however it didn't show the wifi icon on the right top side. Even i turned off the wifi, my iphone is still not able use cellular data to connect internet.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on May 4, 2021 12:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2021 4:14 AM

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Connecting to Wifi is the first part and then getting connected to the Internet is the second

1. If you connect to Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to the internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem with iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to the internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact your ISP immediately

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2021 4:14 AM in response to MemberLee

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Connecting to Wifi is the first part and then getting connected to the Internet is the second

1. If you connect to Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to the internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem with iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to the internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact your ISP immediately

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

May 11, 2021 6:14 AM in response to MemberLee

I'm having a similar issue with my iPhone 11, after doing the iOS 14.5.1 update just two days ago. My phone doesn't connect with my phone or WIFI. I can't connect with AirDrop either. I get completely random spurts of connectivity throughout the day with a burst of FB, Telegram, and WhatsApp messages popping up out of nowhere or updates to the weather on my Apple Watch and phone.

I tried the "Apple Recommended" solutions as well as a more thorough one I found here: https://www.ikream.com/iphone-11-pro-that-has-no-internet-access-but-connected-to-wi-fi-network-38605up to resetting all of my settings. As far as I can surmise, the problem isn't with the router or the mobile ISP. It's with the phone itself. Before proceeding with the drastic step of erasing my phone completely and starting from scratch, I thought it best to research if this glitch had some association with the new iOS.

From what I've found, that actually looks to be the case. My question now is, "How soon will iOS 14.5.2 be released to finally (I hope and pray🙏🏾) resolve this issue?"

In the meantime, the only SMALL solution I found was resetting my phone by pressing buttons in this sequence: Volume UP, Volume DOWN, and holding the Power Button till seeing the apple. Every time I do so, I have 3-5 AMAZING seconds😍 of connectivity before it shuts off. So, as soon as the phone turns back and I see the "Home" screen, I race 🏃🏾‍♂️💨 to check whatever updates there might be in my messages or emails before things shut off again. Then, I repeat until I get all of my updates.🙄

LASTLY, I know don't if this helps to share. But early this morning (Kyiv, Ukraine time), I had a brief restoration of the internet and wifi access to my phone. It lasted for about 5 hours before returning to its previous "bipolar" state.

May 13, 2021 7:26 AM in response to MemberLee

SO! I finally had the opportunity to call Apple Customer Support. In short, it was my VPN (NordVPN) causing the issue the whoooole time.🤦🏾‍♂️🙄 The tech I spoke with said the VPN must have glitched when interacting with the new iOS. She recommended deleting it. But my problem was resolved as soon as I disconnected it😍

She then recommended I follow up with my VPN provider (Nord) to make them aware of the glitch--if they're not already.

I hope this helps!

May 16, 2021 9:06 PM in response to limitlessj2002

OMG!!!! THIS!!! I disconnected my VPN and I could finally connect to the internet!!! YAAAAAASSSS!!! Progress after several days of not having a functional phone12 pro max out of the box. I thought it was a brick and I was going to go to apple and throw it through their window. I was kind of mad.., more than mad. Let's see how the rest of this goes.

May 28, 2021 2:39 PM in response to skyhighflyer

The original advice I was given was to reset my phone. It refused to do this, it didn't ask for my passcode! After trying several times it eventually reset, but I could not recover my system as the backup/restore function wouldn't work, even when connected to my PC. I couldn't copy the data from my iPad either. I had to reinstall all my apps. The latest version of AVG Internet security worked and I was able to switch on my VPN.

After I upgraded my iphone 11 pro max to ios 14.5.1, it's not able to connect internet.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.