Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random really old picture in my camera roll??

Today i was scrolling through my camera roll, then i saw a picture of ice cream at the very beginning of my camera roll. It was a picture of a bowl of ice cream from 13 feb 2012. I also found 2 other pictures that were took in 2017. But i got my first phone in late 2018. I cant show them because their to much MB but please help this is so scary i never downloaded anything and i never use google. There was also a picture of my house im really scared

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on May 4, 2021 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 8:42 AM

Welcome Roselyn129,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you have a few older photos that randomly appeared in your Photos app. We'll do our best to assist with this.

It's hard to say exactly why you see random photos, but we'll do our best to share some possibilities.

These photos could be shared with you from another Apple user. If that's the case, they would appear in the Shared albums in the Photos app.

Check to see where you're signed in to your Apple ID/iCloud account: Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in

If you find an unfamiliar device, use section, 'Remove a device from the list' to remove it from your account.

If you're at all worried about your account being compromised, use: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

Reset the password to secure the account.

Hoping this helps out, take care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2021 8:42 AM in response to roselyn129

Welcome Roselyn129,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you have a few older photos that randomly appeared in your Photos app. We'll do our best to assist with this.

It's hard to say exactly why you see random photos, but we'll do our best to share some possibilities.

These photos could be shared with you from another Apple user. If that's the case, they would appear in the Shared albums in the Photos app.

Check to see where you're signed in to your Apple ID/iCloud account: Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in

If you find an unfamiliar device, use section, 'Remove a device from the list' to remove it from your account.

If you're at all worried about your account being compromised, use: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

Reset the password to secure the account.

Hoping this helps out, take care!

Random really old picture in my camera roll??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.