Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you extend MacBook onto two external monitors? Ultimately having 3 separate screens when including MacBook screen?

Can you extend MacBook Pro 2020 (Intel i5 not M1) onto two external monitors? Ultimately having 3 separate screens when including MacBook screen?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 4, 2021 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2021 11:15 AM

The one with this description?

TOTU USB-C 4K@30Hz Triple Display Docking Station with Charging Support for MacBook Pro & Windows USB 3.1 Gen2 Type C Systems (2 HDMI,DP,7 USB Ports, 60W USB PD), MacOS only Support Mirror Mode

7 replies

May 4, 2021 11:02 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

I have a docking station with 2 external monitors hooked up to it. The issue is that when I plug in my MacBook, my MacBook screen is extended but the external displays are duplicates.

I also have a Windows and when I plug in my Windows machine I get 3 different screens, no duplicates. I cannot figure out how to extend my display to all monitors without there being a duplicate screen.

May 4, 2021 11:29 AM in response to jamespickard

Further down they clarify just how bad it is:

Supported Display Modes and Resolution for macOS

macOS currently only support Mirror Display.All the external display will only mirror instead of extend

When using three video output ports simultaneously, connecting or disconnecting any one of the video output will disconnect the remaining two video connections and reconnect for 5 seconds.

Can you extend MacBook onto two external monitors? Ultimately having 3 separate screens when including MacBook screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.