Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini

when I ask it to play a song it says “Something is up with Music account” but I cannot determine the problem.

Posted on May 4, 2021 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 10:09 AM

Hi WilliamPG,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having some trouble playing music from your HomePod mini when requesting via Siri, correct? If so, we would love to help see if we can get the issue resolved for you. Let's go ahead and make sure that everything is set up correctly for using Siri to play audio by following the steps linked below.

Play audio using Siri on HomePod

If everything is in order there, and you're still unable to play Apple Music from your HomePod mini using Siri, please provide the following additional details:

Is Siri working when you make requests other than with Apple Music from your HomePod mini?

If you try using Siri on another device to play Apple Music, do you get an error?

Please let us know.. We're always happy to help.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2021 10:09 AM in response to WilliamPG

Hi WilliamPG,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having some trouble playing music from your HomePod mini when requesting via Siri, correct? If so, we would love to help see if we can get the issue resolved for you. Let's go ahead and make sure that everything is set up correctly for using Siri to play audio by following the steps linked below.

Play audio using Siri on HomePod

If everything is in order there, and you're still unable to play Apple Music from your HomePod mini using Siri, please provide the following additional details:

Is Siri working when you make requests other than with Apple Music from your HomePod mini?

If you try using Siri on another device to play Apple Music, do you get an error?

Please let us know.. We're always happy to help.

Cheers!

May 7, 2021 2:10 PM in response to karina184

Thank you. I was able to resolve it by talking with Apple Support.

They told me to reset the Homepod Mini which brought it back to its original factory default state and from there I was able to set up the pod in the 'Home' App.

Resetting the Homepod Mini was relatively easy :

• unplug the pod then wait ten seconds
  • plug it back in
  • touch and hold your finger on the center of the pod until red lighting appears and spins
  • continue to hold and it will tell you its preparing to reset, and you will hear a deep sound indicating it is reset
  • there was no QR code or image included in my packaging - not an issue - just bring the pod close to the iOS device running the Home App and it will be recognized

That's it.

HomePod mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.