Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple emails are being sent from my apple products

I’ve got a strange issue, please can some help?

I have access to my hotmail account on all my apple products - ipad and iPhone. When I upgraded from my iPhone 7 to the XR, whenever I would send an email from my phone (or iPad) it would automatically send two emails.

I have just upgraded my phone from the XR to the 12, now my emails are firing off 3 copies of the email I’ve sent.

The other issue is new emails go straight to my bin or junk boxes, never the inbox. the emails also disappear and delete after about a week never to be found.

I have logged onto my hotmail account on a PC, similar issues, emails going into the junk rather than the inbox.

Im so confused, but I’ve got to get it sorted as I can’t have 3 emails sent every time I send an email.

FYI - I’ve tried deleting the account on my apple products and re instating but it has made no difference.

thank you for any advice.

fiona

Posted on May 4, 2021 2:38 PM

1 reply

May 5, 2021 11:50 AM in response to FAKW

Hi FAKW,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. 

From your post, it would appear that you are having an issue with your hotmail account on all of your Apple devices. Emails are duplicated when being sent from your iOS devices. On your PC computer and your Apple devices incoming mail is going into your Junk folder. Is that correct? We want to help. Are your iOS devices updated? If not, that would be a good next step. It is always a good idea to have a backup of your iPhone before updating. 

Here’s How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Here’s how to Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support 

You said earlier that you have removed the accounts and added them back in again? How did you add them back in? Did you choose the "Outlook.com" option for adding in a hotmail account? If not, you can try that next.

Also, since you also experience this issue on your PC, have you reached out to Microsoft Support as well? Here's how: Microsoft Support

Best Regards!

Multiple emails are being sent from my apple products

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.