Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to install the May 4 update to Safari 14.1?

Updates MacOS Catalina in April, which included the first Safari 14.1 update.

How do I install the 5/4 update to Safari? Don't see anything in the Mac App Store.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 4, 2021 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 3:12 AM

You need to update form System Preferences : Software Update

1) Check the date of the Safari app in Finder Applications. If it is PRIOR to May 4 or 5th 2021 you need to update.

2) Go to System Preferences: Software Update and check for any updates. NOTE if you are NOT on Big Sur you do not need to upgrade to Big Sur. Look for updates for your OS. There is a link below the Big Sur update icon and link.

I have tested the latest version 14.1 (15611.1.21.161.7, 15611)app dated May 5 2021 and it solved the issues I ( and many others ) were having with Safari 14.1.

I hope this helps

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2021 3:12 AM in response to Jonathan Milenko

You need to update form System Preferences : Software Update

1) Check the date of the Safari app in Finder Applications. If it is PRIOR to May 4 or 5th 2021 you need to update.

2) Go to System Preferences: Software Update and check for any updates. NOTE if you are NOT on Big Sur you do not need to upgrade to Big Sur. Look for updates for your OS. There is a link below the Big Sur update icon and link.

I have tested the latest version 14.1 (15611.1.21.161.7, 15611)app dated May 5 2021 and it solved the issues I ( and many others ) were having with Safari 14.1.

I hope this helps

May 5, 2021 3:17 AM in response to Don Mactavish

Don, thanks for that.

At the time I posted, the Safari for Mojave and Catalina was announced, but not yet released, so I was trying to figure out what to do. About an hour later, the release happened, so all is right with the world.

Well, not everything. The OS update announced it required a restart, but it ran without any actual restart.

How to install the May 4 update to Safari 14.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.