Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where did my hand watch timer go?

I am not seeing the hand wash timer for the past few days. I still see data in my health app, but I miss the countdown timer. How do I get it back? I’ve checked all my settings. When I’m washing my hands I do see a yellow dot at the top of my watch face.....that appears to be new?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 7

Posted on May 4, 2021 8:24 PM

3 replies

May 6, 2021 7:39 AM in response to Community User

Thank you, FieryJack. I had used the help article at your link before posting this, but I checked all my settings again and restarted both iPhone and watch again as per suggested in the article. Sadly, no change. As I said above, my watch is detecting I am washing my hands (see yellow dot while washing), it’s recording hand watching in health app, and I’m getting return home reminders. The only thing I’m not getting anymore is the visible timer while washing my hands.

May 9, 2021 3:34 PM in response to TammiLF

Just for the record, I solved the issue with my hand wash timer on my Apple Watch. Upon close inspection, there was a bit of debris in one of the narrow slots on the side of the watch. I used a pin tip to remove the debris and the hand wash feature started working again. I am assuming that the narrow slits are part of the audio listening function of the watch, and that the debris was blocking the sound of the water running.

Where did my hand watch timer go?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.